Non Account Customers
Payment options for non account customers are cleared funds before dispatch (Cheque, Direct Deposit etc.) and Major Credit Cards. Return of Merchandise terms as below.
Existing Approved Account Customers
These conditions shall be governed by Australian Law and the customer irrevocably submit to the non exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in the State of Queensland.
- All prices are subject to alteration without notice.
- A cancellation or variation of orders must be confirmed in writing
- A.Scott & Co (Wholesale) Australia reserves the right to recover all carriage costs from the customer where goods are not accepted and the cancellation of the order has not been confirmed in writing.
- Whilst every effort will be made to abide by the requested delivery dates. A.Scott & Co (Wholesale) Australia cannot be held responsible for any loss incurred by a customer as a result of the non-compliance with these delivery dates.
- Until A.Scott & Co (Wholesale) Australia has received payment in full for the goods supplied, the goods remain the property of A.Scott & Co (Wholesale) Australia (although the risk therein passes to the customer at the point of dispatch).
- No goods are to be returned except by arrangement (refer to Return of Merchandise)
- In the event of any goods being found to be faulty due to manufacturing defect, A.Scott & Co (Wholesale) Australia will, at its option, replace the goods or such part or parts of them which shall be found to be defective or alternatively, at its option, give credit for the same.
- Terms of payment are, unless otherwise stated, 25 days from end of invoice month. In the event of non-payment by the due date. A.Scott & Co (Wholesale) Australia reserves the right to charge overdue (interest) fee at a rate of 1.5% per month.
- Settlement Discount – As stipulated in the Client’s Trading Terms.
- Claims for non delivery of goods must be submitted in writing within 10 days of dispatch, otherwise all rights are forfeited.
- Minimum of Value – All orders including forward or back orders with a value less than stated in current trading terms will not be supplied until subsequent orders have been received with aggregate in excess of this amount.
Return of Merchandise
Any merchandise for return must be authorised prior to despatch and consist of :-
- GOODS OF FAULTY MANUFACTURE
- GOODS NOT ORDERED
- DUPLICATE ORDERS
- Any goods bought on Clear Out or Special Discount Deals / Offers are non returnable
- Any items involved over twelve months or prior are non returnable
- Goods must be inspected on receipt and any claims for shortages, adjustments or faulty manufacture are to be made (in writing) within 48 hours.
- All cartons and consignment notes must be clearly marked with our Authorisation Number.
- Any consignment delivered without authorisation will not be accepted
- Cartons are to be serially numbered eg 1/4, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4
- An official Credit Claim must accompany all returns listing the contents of each carton and Authorisation Number.
- Goods returned must be consigned through our nominated carrier. Goods forwarded through any other carrier will not be accepted
- The Credit Claim must list the Description, Code Number, Price and relevant Invoice Numbers for the items claimed for.
- The name of the firm returning goods must be clearly marked on the outside of the carton for identification purposes, together with the Authorisation Number. This is essential.
- Sales representatives of A.Scott & Co (Wholesale) Australia can not authorise return of goods. Approval for all returns must and can only be obtained from Head Office.
TO OBTAIN AUTHORISATION AND OFFICIAL RETURNS NUMBER (CURRENT FOR 7 DAYS)
PLEASE CONTACT:- OFFICE MANAGER – FAX (07) 3350 6933
We reserve the rights not to accept any consignments which fail to meet our authorisation requirements. Needless to say all such costs would have to be borne by the sender. Sales representatives ofA.Scott & Co (Wholesale) Australia are not authorised to collect returns. All returns are to be despatched as above.